Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Any good software to find the TopTalker..?

Hi All,

Iam looking for a good tool to find the Top Talker on the network links. The issue I need to address is we have a market-data feed from a vendor and sometimes the Serial links maxes out. We can only control LAN porion (core switch port that connects to Vendor router Ethernet i/f), so we have an option to find the the top talker for that max time. so Iam looking for software/tool that goes on to a laptop/PC and span the switch port and find the top talker. I think Ether-real will not help in finding the top talker.

Please suggest.

Thank you in advance

MS

6 REPLIES

Re: Any good software to find the TopTalker..?

Thank you. I already have orion NMS at main Datacenter. We might need to get netflow module for this. Will this gives you option too..

1. Find the top talker on a switch port which at different location..?

2. Will it helps in finding the top talker from a subnet to another subnet/IP..? (i mean option to enter source subnet range --> destination Subnet range/IP).

3. Does it gives historical toptalker information also..?

Thank you

MS

1. No

2. Yes/as long as your monitoring one of the subnets

3. No

The free tool just monitors one router at a time. For long term analysis you should get the foll blown Netflow module.

Thank you... Iam looking at Niksun box (may be quite expensive)

rgds

MS

Thank you. But the switch/rtr 4507-R Sups does not have the netflow service cards (WS-F4531)

rgds

MS

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content