Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Not working on Win 98

hariharank
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a VPN and 10 sites are connected to that.

In all the remote sites application are working fine in Win 2000 PCs but it is not working on Win 98 PCs But in Central location LAN Applications are working fine in Win 98.

Applications are browser based applications

How to Solve this issue ??

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not clear from your question whether some sites are Windows 2000 and some sites are Windows 98 or whether some sites have both Windows 2000 and Windows 98 (and in those sites the Windows 2000 does work and the Windows 98 does not work). If we understood that difference it would help us find an answer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi rburts,

Second is right Remote Sites are having both 98 and 2000 and Applications are working fine in 2000 and not working in 98.

But It is working fine in win 98 PC connected in central location LAN...

So now we know that at the same remote site the application works correctly on Windows 2000 and does not work on Wondows 98 PCs. Are there differences in how the PCs are configured that might cause this?

Have there been any things other than this particular application that work on Windows 2000 but not on Windows 98?

Do I understand that this is a simple web browser based application? Can the Windows 98 PCs access other sites successfully? Can the Windows 98 PCs access other pages at the site where the application is run?

Are there any error messages when the users attempt the application from Windows 98 PCs? Does the application try to do any kind of authentication? Does the first page of the application come up and the failure is further into the application or does the first page fail to come up?

How do the remote sites connect back to headquarters? It might be helpful if you would post the relevant parts of the configuration of a router at one of the remote sites.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card