Views
Helpful
Replies

AS Numbers ???????

afzaalq007
Level 1
Level 1

hi,,

I want to know about the Autonomous system Types (AS) ???

why we catageries AS .. what are the reasons. ???

can we use AS number with IGPS ???

New method of AS representation ????

please forward me any cisco link

thanks and regards

Afzaal Qadir

7 Replies 7

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Afzaal,

what exactly do you mean with IGPS ? I only know this in connection with RFID tracking systems...that is probably not what you are referring to ?

Regards,

GNT

icabrera
Level 4
Level 4

A good cisco link about AS:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac123/ac147/archived_issues/ipj_9-1/autonomous_system_numbers.html

Regards

Hope this information is helpful, if so pls rate the post

hi

Thanks for the reply

Wht is the basic differne between IBGP and EBGP...

Or is it true

that always IBGP runs btween EBGP and IGPs

{EBGP------>IBGP<---------IGP}

and one thing more i want to ask that is there a possibility that we can use static routes between two public Autonomous system .

Thanks

The difference between eBGP and IBGP is that you would run iBGP within an AS in order to carry BGP updates from one eBGP speaking router to another. IGPs are not suitable for this purpose since they can neither scale to a large number of routes nor are able to carry all the BGP attributes.

Paresh

Hi, there is a very goog document at cco it can answers most of your question. Take a look to it and you'll learn a lot about BGP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c95bb.shtml

Regards

Hii

What will happen when in advertize same prefix from two differnt Autonomous system ????

will it advertize ????

after advertizment it will route traffic or not ???

Thanks

Two different foreign ASs can advertise the same prefix, but the receiver will filter the best based on the bgp selection criteria (eg shorter AS path).Only one best route will be installed in the routing table.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card