cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 refusing all IOS images as invalid

prasannac
Level 1
Level 1

I am having as5300.On one fine day it has gone in a RTR1(boot)> prompt after power on reset.It is not going to normal mode.I erased the entire flash: and tried to upload the compatible IOS image.Through tftp entire image is getting transferred but after verification the as5300 is rendering it as invalid checksum file.The size of the file on tftp and flash is correct.Also tried with different IOS images but of no avail.Pls help.

Regds,

prasanna

3 Replies 3

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

How do you upload the file ? Via the AS5300 and tftp ? Do you have a spare flash ? I suspect it is hardware failure, e.g. flash...

Thanks Jack

I am using tftp for transfer.

Whatever I am trying to transfer ie modem PW or IOS the entire file is getting transfered with correct size but after verifying for checksum it is giving invalid checksum error.

Following is the error it is showing when I transfered the modem pw

mica-modem-pw.2.9.5.0.bin

Verifying checksum... invalid (expected 0xECE9, computed 0x8CEB)

451126 bytes copied in 3.948 secs (150375 bytes/sec)

regds

prasanna

IC, what I believe even you have the exact size of during the file transfer but the checksum is not correct. It means there are some errors during the transmittion. In this case, I could like to suggest to select another IOS (or download it again from Cisco) and try again.

If the problem still exists, I suspect it is the flash failure.

Hope this helps.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card