Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AS5350 Redundancy

Hi,

I'd appreciate it if someone can give me a description on how to setup two AS5350s for load distribution of analog modem inbound calls and automatic failover in case one of them fails. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AS5350 Redundancy

Orlando

I have set up something that is pretty much what you are describing. I had several (in this case more than 2 - but the approach would be the same) 5350s set to accomplish load distribution and redundancy. The key part was that we could arrange the incoming ISDN PRIs on a hunt group so that calls were distributed accross the set of 5350s. It would put the first several calls on the first 5350, the next several on the next one, and so on. That gave us the load distribution. The redundancy was that if one of the 5350s went out of service those ISDN channels became unavailable and the ISDN PRI would put incoming calls only onto the surviving 5350s. Obviosuly the failover is not transparent (existing calls were interrupted and had to be redialed - but they could dial the same number and get sucessfully re-established).

HTH

Rick

Rick,

Thanks a lot for this info. One last question related to this, with the setup that you described, did you have to run an SS7 link from the gateway to the CO? Thanks again.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Orlando

No we did not have to run an SS7 link from the 5350 to the CO.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies