Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5505 Capabilities

Just acquired a 5505. Before I rip out what little hair remains on my head - thought I'd ask if this is even possible.

Goal:

Site-to-Site VPN with our local office to Main Office (both on different static IPs - only our side uses the 5505)

[Main Office ] <<< >>> {cloud} <<<>>> [ADSL Model] <<< >>> [Cisco 5505} <<< >>> [local office private subnet]

AND - Use Easy VPN to remote into the 5505 when we are out of the local office and possibly gain access back to Main office.

So - is this doable?

1 REPLY
Silver

ASA 5505 Capabilities

Tom Hoffman wrote:

Just acquired a 5505. Before I rip out what little hair remains on my head - thought I'd ask if this is even possible.

Goal:

Site-to-Site VPN with our local office to Main Office (both on different static IPs - only our side uses the 5505)

[Main Office ] <<< >>> {cloud} <<<>>> [ADSL Model] <<< >>> [Cisco 5505} <<< >>> [local office private subnet]

AND - Use Easy VPN to remote into the 5505 when we are out of the local office and possibly gain access back to Main office.

So - is this doable?

Provided your "outside" static IP's are internet-accessable (I.E. not on a private MPLS cloud or something similar) then yes, it should be.

The exact methods of your Anyconnect/Site to site VPN's will depend on your licensing levels - you need to license AnyConnect (easyVPN) based on the number of users, and you may also need to license encryption beyond single DES (56 bit).

This file

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps6032/ps6094/ps6120/product_data_sheet0900aecd802930c5.html

gives basic product information regarding the capabilities.

This link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_data_sheets_list.html

gives more detailed data sheets.

Cheers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content