Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ASA 5510 connected to Catalyst 3750

I am trying to connect an Catalyst 3750 which is doing intervlan routing for 5 Valns and is connected to an ASA5510 which in turn is connected to a Cisco 1841. The 1841 is connected to the ISP and is doing the NATing. One port on the Catalyst is configured with no switchport and I ahve assigned an Ip address to it. I have also configured a default route on the Catalyst 3750 which points to the inside interface of the ASA5510 as the default gateway. I also have a route towards the cisco 1841 from the ASA. No NATing is configured on the ASA. I can ping everywhere else except that I CANNOT ping the outside interface of the ASA5510 from the Catalyst 3750 but only up to the directly connected network which is the inside interface of the ASA.  I can ping from the router to the PCs in the different VLANs connected to the 3750, I can ping from the ASA to the internet. I have checked everthing I know and I am stuck. Does this combination of hardware work. The ASA5510 is running 7.23 IOS. Any ideas what could be the problem, please help.

• WAN Routing and Switching
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: ASA 5510 connected to Catalyst 3750

I advise you move your question to the Security community. Not the "Wireless Security" ;-)

Cisco Employee

Re: ASA 5510 connected to Catalyst 3750

Hi Nicholas,

If it is really only the ASA's outside interface that you cannot ping from the inside, then that is normal expected behavior. The ASA only allows a ping to the interface the ping arrives at. In other words from the inside you can only ping the inside interface, from the outside you can only ping the outside interface (if you permit that).

If I misunderstood and there are other things not working then as Nicolas suggested, please move the thread over to the community and explain in more detail what is not working.

hth

Herbert

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.