cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Restarting at random, how can I troubleshoot?

ronaldoley
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA5505 that seems to be randomly restarting.  How can I troubleshoot this?  Is there a log file somewhere that tracks hardware issues like this?

6 Replies 6

Vivek Ganapathi
Level 4
Level 4

Well, if the ASA reboots automatically thats because it crashed for some reason. When a device crashes it generates a crash dump which you can find by issuing the command

show crashdump or show crashinfo

Thanks

Vivek

It does have a crash dump for the date in question.  What exactly can I get from all of this information?

You wouldn't be able to figure anything out of it You need to pass those crashdump outputs to TAC in order to troubleshoot further.

I imagine this is something I would have to pay for?

Well, do you have a active contract for the box? I'm not really sure how to overcome this situation, if you don't have one. May be calling TAC & understanding the process would be a good start.

Arka Datta
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

you can use Cisco ASA ASDM. install the application on a pc and you can monitor the device and also you can save real-time logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card