Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1002

francisco-amaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

That equipment CiscoASR1002 with performance 10G I can use. A customer   requires 10G in performance.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

10 Gbps  per port or per chassis?

francisco-amaya
Level 1
Level 1

per chassis

ASR with ESP10 will give you about 9Gbps, HALF Duplex bandwidth per chassis.

If you want to have 10 Gbps Full duplex per chassis then consider looking at the ASR1004 with ESP 40.

Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers

Please refer to Table 8.

leolaohoo, I refer to Table 8 in your link, but there is no bandwidth or capacity information in that table.

So, my question is looks the same as the first one.

The customer want to get 10G bandwidth data line from HQ to DC, so I choose ASR1002 with ESP20 and two SIP-10 with SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 in each SIP. In this way I sure I meet requirement to get 10 gigabit per second in both direction.

I consider ESP10 could transfer 10G like this way: 5 x 1G interfaces toward DC and 5 x 1G interfaces backward DC.

Am I right? Or I can choose ESP10 and put two 10GE SPAs in the box to get full amount of 10GE through the box from outside to inside?

And the next question about SIP. If I have to use 2 x 10GE interfaces, I must use two SIP-10? Or I can put 2 x 10GE interfaces inside one SIP-10?

Thanks a lot!

leolaohoo, I refer to Table 8 in your link, but there is no bandwidth or capacity information in that table.

And you are right.  It should be Table 9.

The customer want to get 10G bandwidth data line from HQ to DC, so I choose ASR1002 with ESP20 and two SIP-10 with SPA-1X10GE-L-V2 in each SIP. In this way I sure I meet requirement to get 10 gigabit per second in both direction.

Sounds good.  What are the chances of the link being upgraded in, say, the next 3 years.  If there is a significant chance then consider looking at the ASR1002X.  The ESP can be software upgraded (via license) from 10, 20 and 36 Gbps.

NOTE:  I never saw this before so must be something new.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card