Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1002x IOS version

Steve Coady
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We recently purchased (2) ASR1002x devices as WAN routers for our Data Center(s)

They currently have "asr1002x-universalk9.03.07.04a.S.152-4.S4a.SPA.bin".

I wanted to check for updated version and was a little overwhelmed by the new versions and all the "caveats (resolved and unresolved)

Would someone please provide some expert guidance on this device and what version is considered most stable.

sMc
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am currently using 3.12.1S and it's been good.  Previously, I was using 3.11.0S and this was fine too.

If you want to upgrade, make sure you also upgrade the bootstrap.  If you do this right, you'll only need to reboot the appliance once and you've upgraded the bootstrap and the IOS concurrently.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am currently using 3.12.1S and it's been good.  Previously, I was using 3.11.0S and this was fine too.

If you want to upgrade, make sure you also upgrade the bootstrap.  If you do this right, you'll only need to reboot the appliance once and you've upgraded the bootstrap and the IOS concurrently.

Leo

Thank you for the guidance

sMc

Leo

Wouldn't the bootstrap automatically be upgraded with the IOS?

sMc
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card