cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K access with ssh does not work.

udlcruz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I have a ASR9001 enabled SSH server, it was working fine but when I try to access these messages appear:

P/0/RSP0/CPU0:Apr 21 05:31:41 : SSHD_[65747]: %SECURITY-SSHD-3-ERR_GENERAL : Failed to allocate pty

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Apr 21 05:31:43 : devc-vty[181]: %MGBL-TTY-3-KERNEL : Unexpected internal error encountered 'Resource temporarily unavailable'  : pkg/bin/devc-vty : (PID=557258) :  -Traceback= 4bc37e70 4de37b0c 4de3c3d4 4bc3a2d0 4bc3df28 4bc3540c 4bc3cd00 4ba74650 4ba7514c 4ba702c8 4bc5754c 4bc58464 40000130 40000d18

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:Apr 21 05:31:43 : devc-vty[181]: %MGBL-VTY-3-SESSION : Error performing TTY session operation 'Checking access parameters for VTY': a194060d, ''tty-server' detected the 'fatal' condition 'TTY SERVER INTERNAL: Unknown error condition': Permission denied'

In the cisco page gives no recommendation for this, any comments for this?

regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Give a restart to the VTY service.

process restart devc-vty location 0/RSP0/CPU0

Hope this will solve your problem as i was facing the same problem with my asr9000.

Resolved after resart of vty service

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

While I can not explain the details of the messages, it is very clear that there is some type of error (probably a software issue more likely than a hardware issue). This relates to the part that says "Unexpected internal error" and to the presence of traceback information. In my experience traceback is always related to a software issue.

Is this perhaps a transient (temporary) problem and after a while SSH worked again? Or is the problem continuing?

As a workaround it might help to reload the router. That might restore normal function for SSH. I believe that a longer term solution will involve upgrading to different code. If the router is covered by a maintenance contract it would be good to open a TAC case on this and get a more authoritative explanation than I am able to give.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Give a restart to the VTY service.

process restart devc-vty location 0/RSP0/CPU0

Hope this will solve your problem as i was facing the same problem with my asr9000.

Resolved after resart of vty service

Hi Rahul,

Yes, that was the solution, you check with the command (show process blocked) if you find (devc-vty) for various time, they can be ssh or telnet sessiones who remained hung.
So you apply the (process restart devc-vty) command to unlock the process.

With this the problem is solved.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card