Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Assign Public ip to a computer

Hi all,

I have a peculiar situation where I need to assign a public ip to a computer without going through firewall (for testing purpose).

I have the leased line going through a 3750 switch to the ASA 5510(15.240.1.2/30) belonging to vlan 999.

ASA has default route going to 15.240.1.1/30(ISP).

I have different public ip range for LAN and WAN

My WAN ip is 15.240.1.0/30, LAN ip range is 15.240.2.24/27 nated by ASA..

I want to connect the PC to the switch port belonging vlan 999 and ip address of 15.240.2.26/27.

My question is, Is there any way I can do this?

If yes, what will be the gateway for the computer?

I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Silver

That's correct.

You can configure internal/trusted interface [ or any interface but outside] of the firewall with the address of 15.240.2.25/27 and disable NAT for this traffic.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Gateway will be 15.240.2.25 - an SVI on the switch.

HTH.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

All interfaces of the Switch are currently operating in layer 2 and routing is disabled.

1. I cannot assign SVI ip to vlan 999 since it is /30.

2. I cannot enable routing on switch.

I think it would be easier if I go through the asa firewall and disable NAT for the public ip of the pc.

What do you think?

Silver

That's correct.

You can configure internal/trusted interface [ or any interface but outside] of the firewall with the address of 15.240.2.25/27 and disable NAT for this traffic.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content