Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AT&T Opt-e-man config problem

Hello,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

We have recently migrated from T1's at two locations to a AT&T fiber connection at one location to provide internet to two locations over an AT&T opt-e-man service. The problem I am currently having is AT&T restricts us to VLAN200 tagged traffic only and also limits the number of MAC address that can utilize the opt-e-man.

We have a flat network now without any VLANs. When we first turned up the opt-e-man I was unaware of the restrictions, changed our network over to vlan 200 instead of the default vlan1 and quickly realized the mac address limitation. I am trying to figure out the best way to trunk on vlan 200 and keep my network on both ends as vlan1. My understanding of this opt-e-man is that the trunk port has to be switchport mode trunk, switchport trunk allowed vlan 200, and does not work with multiple allowed vlans. I may be wrong here ! I was told by at&t to use two layer 3 switches with ip routing to hide the mac addresses of our equipment and we would be fine, but I dont know how to do that.

We are recieving two Cisco 3560 layer 3 switches today. so this will be a fresh setup. I have gone over the setup on packet tracer a few times and I can do intervlan routing without a problem. The trouble is when I connect the trunk and only allow vlan 200 traffic, the sites lose connectivity.

Internet connection is located at site A, and enters our network through a sonicwall hardware firewall

Site A (VLAN1 10.101.0.0/21) -> AT&T Cloud Allowing VLAN200 traffic only <- (Site B VLAN1 10.101.0.0/21)

I know our sites should have different ip address schemes, our AT&T sales rep said the opt-e-man would just plug into our switch and it would be just like our sites where in the same building, so our gateway and servers are all located at site A.

Everyone's tags (6)
Views
Helpful
Replies