Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATM back to back routers

Hello,

I've 2 routers with PA-E3 interfaces, is it possible to configure ATM and cross connected them, if I use the same PVC setting on both, same subnet but cross connect the Tx and Rx can I get them to talk.

any help apprecited

Cheers Tony

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Purple

Re: ATM back to back routers

Hi Tony,

That is certainly possible.

Just get the physical layer up first (rx-tx and tx-rx) and make sure that you use the same VPI/VCIs at both ends for the same subnets.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

5 REPLIES
Purple

Hi Tony,

That is certainly possible.

Just get the physical layer up first (rx-tx and tx-rx) and make sure that you use the same VPI/VCIs at both ends for the same subnets.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

Thanks mate

I'll give it a go today and of course rate the reply

cheers

Tony

Worked first time...many thanks mate

Tony

Would this work if I'm using the AIM-ATM and a T1 wic card? Again with the procedure, it would be crossconnect the tx-rx to rx-tx and then program the VPI/VCI info on both routers?

So unlike Frame-relay the pvc info is not advertized from the CO or telco, but will be user programable at each end? IE I don't need to setup an ATM "switch" like I would if I where trying to setup back to back on a frame-relay circuit.

Gene

Purple

Hi Gene,

I don't see any reason why it would not work. Bring the T1 up first and as long as that comes up okay, I would imagine that the associated ATM interface would also come up. I must admit that I have never done this using an AIM-ATM and a T1 card before.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies