Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM CONFIGURATION

safe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends,

What is minimum hardware requirement for ATM PVC configuration.PLs find below set up

Customer End -------ATM Cloud(STM-1)-------Service Router(7206)----Customer POP Router --- Remote Locations.

So will i need ATM compatible Router at customer HO end also as we have 7206 with ATM interface.

Is any one having this set up in service provider Environment.

TIA

Regards

SAM.

4 Replies 4

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

assuming that "Customer End" is the same as "HO" you need another router with an ATM interface. For bandwidth reasons it should probably be also an STM1, so the 7206 will do it.

HOWEVER: you are not giving any requirements besides setting up an ATM PVC. Literally a Cisco 836 will do exactly that.

So, what are your requirements?

What are your constraints with respect to hardware, features, budget?

Vague requirements and descriptions of your situation can barely lead to useful answers (maybe Paresh is even excellent at being visionary with a crystal ball ;-).

So please be more precise in describing your requirements and you will get proper help.

Regards, Martin

Hey Martin,

I'm afraid the crystal ball is very cloudy :-)

We do need a bit more info here ...

Paresh

Dear Paresh & Martin ,

Thnks for ur quick reply.I have to make this set up at service provider end so many customers HO will connect to ISP POP of different Bws (2Mbps,1Mbps) through STM ATM Pipe only.I need to seperate there traffic at ISP POP END.HOW TO DO THAT MAPPING.

Different Cust HO ------2Mbps -------ATM CLOUD------STM-1 ----------7206-------DIFFERENT CUST ROUTERS IN POP-------- REMOTE CONNETIVITY USING DIAL UP/VSAT/RF.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP TP UNDERSTAND MY REQ. SET UP

Thanks & Regards

SAM

Hello,

I would recommend to look at MPLS L3VPN or Multi-VRF. This will allow to separate the IP routing per customer with support for overlapping IP address space. Each ATM PVC or physical interface can terminate in a customer VRF.

As a starting point have a look at "MPLS Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)" at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6604/products_white_paper09186a0080110bd0.shtml

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card