Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ATM end to end ilmi keepalive

i would like to do end to end keepalive config on 878 g.shdsl router like Frame relay,in this case i try to do a back up configuration with sub interface but our remote 878 router has alredy configured with under the physical interface ATM0.

what can i do for deploying new config with and to and keepalive for to the running config.Any suggestions ?

Regards

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ATM end to end ilmi keepalive

Depending on the version of Cisco IOS Software, you might or might not see the command no atm ilmi-keepalive in the configuration, because this is now a default value. When you enable Integrated Local Management Interface (ILMI) keepalives on a dual ATM module, periodic ILMI keepalive messages are sent to the ATM switch on the active. The ATM switch responds to the ILMI keepalives. If the ATM switch fails to respond to four consecutive keepalives, the dual switches from the active to the backup. The ILMI keepalives feature is useful only if the module is connected to two different ATM switches.

hi,

for end-to-end PVC status you could use ATM OAM cells. Configuration looks like:

interface

pvc VPI/VCI

oam-pvc manage

This will generate end-to-end keepalives within PVC. Both sides should be configured with this feature, else PVC will be declared DOWN by the side where OAM is configured.

Green

We have some customers that set up a GRE tunnel from one end to the other, then use that "interface" to trigger a back-up call if the tunnel goes down.

THe tunnel is not for traffic, it's just an end-to-end virtual interface for the purpose of triggering the back-up call.

Good Luck

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content