cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM errors

nikolay-shopik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone could someone tell me what this error means?

dslsar_ng_transmit_pak_wrapper: deq(474C0A84). ATM vcd=1 Transmit VCD=1

dslsar_ng_transmit_pak_wrapper : encap = Data

I'm using IP over ATM, with simple configuration like that -

interface ATM0/0/0

description MTU-intel

ip address 62.118.209.xxy 255.255.255.252

no atm ilmi-keepalive

dsl operating-mode auto

pvc 1/50

protocol ip 62.118.209.xxy broadcast

protocol ip 62.118.209.xxz broadcast

encapsulation aal5snap

!

And I can't ping interface itself, I can only have connectiviy from my other network which is attached to FA0/0 interface with routable internet address.

24 Replies 24

Are you doing NAT on the ATM interface ? how the source access-list looks like if so ?

Until this evening I have no NAT at all. all nat was done by MSISA server before.

Also there new error start appearing ;)

*May 14 11:07:31.409: ASSERTION FAILED: file "../les/if_ng_dslsar_tx.c", line 2969

*May 14 11:07:31.409: ASSERTION FAILED: file "../les/if_ng_dslsar_atm.c", line 692

But it works fine

The more you observe a router, the more strange things you will find. I found this always true since started working with them some 13 years now.

Sometime the observations goes to a competent person in the TAC or other cisco dept, and a bug gets filed. Unfortunately, many times, that does not happen.

Yeah absolutely true. Unfortunately I don't have any access to TAC, so this is going to be unresolved.

Maybe I'll try install more stable version of IOS and see if it helps me.

That's why I suggest always to get a support contract, that can cost as little as eur 150 per year, and the tac will help you on any issue plus it the router or any card that you have in it fail, they will replace as necessary.

Thanks man! Could you point me on page where I can read more about support contracts.

The pages are on CCO but the prices are not. For this I suggest you contact your cisco reseller. I can also provide quotes if given the router model.

I'll be very appreciate, for 2811. I suppose higher level contract include support for all lower models.

Actually contracts do not "include". Once you get the support contract, you have to activate it for a single device that falls in the category of the contract, and it will be valid for replacement and case opening, for that device only.

Software download access is not related to the category of contract you purchased or device registered.

If you want a commercial quote please email me to the address given in my profile including all your business details.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card