cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM soft pvc across T3 and T1 backup

kgeisler
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a VBR soft pvc across a T3 and T1 backup link, but I am confused about what values to use for PCR, SCR and MCR. If I use high values for the T3, what will happen when this link is down and the soft PVC reroutes across the T1? I would like to use percents (%) for the values, i.e. voice can use 25% of the link, then it would make more sense when using the backup T1 link.

3 Replies 3

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

But in the ATM switch, I want to setup a connection row index that use a VBR with a PCR of 4096 (4MB), but what will happen when this soft pvc is rerouted across the T1 when the T3 is down? Will it still work or will the soft PVC go down. Also, in the router, what values should I use under the PVC using VBR for the hard side of this PVC? Should I use the same 4096 value on the hard PVC side?

loreenaoodl531
Level 1
Level 1

aghaznavi wrote:

You will find the info you are looking for at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wanbu/svplus/105/dbase/tables.htm#xtocid8

Is the link invalid? Something error occurs when opening the link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card