Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ATM/T1 Point to Point circuit

I'm trying to troubleshoot a bandwidth. I have several point to point T1's in my district that all map back to a single location. The ping times from one particular 2651 router to a host machine at the remote site are very high. There are only about 10 users at the remote site who access an SQL application. It is a 1.5MB point to point via ATM to an LS1010. Any ideas of where to begin to pinpoint the latency?

• WAN Routing and Switching
15 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: ATM/T1 Point to Point circuit

What's the delay difference? Do you see any error on interfaces?

The ping times are very erratic. When issuing a PING command to a host on the other end of the WAN link, it varies from 4/7/8 ms to 4/20/36 ms. I'm just trying to pinpoint. What troubleshooting methods can I use to determine errors on either the LAN or WAN interface?

Are ping times between WAN interfaces consistent? If yes the problem is likely in either LAN. If no the problem is likely on the circuit. Apart from eratic ping times are you experiencing any other issues.

Ping times are not consistent. From the remote router (WAN interface IP 192.168.1.22), a ping to to the other side (192.168.1.21) reveals 4/6/8 ms then another ping command comes back 32/36/48 ms. It seems to bounce around quite a bit. I've had the ISP test the circuit which always comes back clean. I would like to get them onsite to check the TELCO equipment but I doubt they will come out.

What does the cpu, mem, and circuit utilization look like? Ping inconsitentcy aside what is the actual problem you are troubleshooting?

I have an SQL database that the remote sites accesses for student records. There is latency when they open the application at the remote side. I would point the finger at bandwidth as the culprit but there are only 10-12 users at the remote site. What are the commands to check out memory, cpu and circuit utilization?

sh mem stat

sh proc cpu

sh int (Int name and number)

post output here if you need assitance.

sh proc cpu and sh mem stat too large to post here

"sh proc cpu and sh mem stat too large to post here"

You can also cut/paste it into a .txt file, and add it here as an attachment.

Views
Helpful
Replies