Views
Helpful
Replies

ATM to FR conversion

rajput_p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am facing some trouble on ATM to FR bunde confguration. i am having to router one enabled with ATM and second with FR card. there were two links terminated on ATM router and now i want to ectend those link to FR router. Need some on this req.

ATMR1--------FRR2

4 Replies 4

n.nandrekar
Level 4
Level 4

are you having ATM card on one side and FR on the other side of the same link? If so, this cannot be achieved.

if you are talking about,

---ATM (router1) eth--------- eth (router2)Fr---

Then it can be done.

Regards,

Niranjan

Thanks Niranjan for replying... Yes you were right i am having one side ATM and on other side FR on same link. But my main idea is i am having 3 link and i want to bundel them into ATM to FR. Please suggest if any thing can be done with this senario...pls thanks in advance

If you are asking how to combine multiple frame circuits to one single atm this I don't know. This type of stuff is done by the circuit providers in most cases.

If you are asking how to combine a number of existing atm to frame circuits into what appears to be a single circuit then this document may help. You want to run mulitlink ppp over atm on one side and mulitlink ppp over frame on the other.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b6098.shtml

This is not the best example but it does show both atm and frame in the same configuration. If you seach multilink ppp over frame/atm there are better multicircuit examples but they do not have atm and frame at the same time.

Hi,

if you are running IP, normal routing will take care of this.

Router can do FR/ATM interworking (call it conversion if you want) that works as a L2 solution, but please explain the exact topology and problem to solve, to see if that is really needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: