Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

attaching a cab-ss-26mtc-02 serial cable to a patch panel

I'm trying to found information on how to attach a serial cable to a patch panel. I've searched google without much success. Can anyone help push me in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

3 REPLIES
Gold

sure about that part number?

yes, thats the number on the white sheath wrapped over the cable. I searched the cable part number, and it's the same one I have.

Gold

That explains the problem too....back to back v.35

My cabling expert suggests this place

Q. Are there any cable  management solutions available for the NM-16A/S?
A. Cisco has  worked with Components Express Inc (_http://www.networkcable.com)  to produce patch panels to complement the NM-16A/S. Components Express Inc sells  two models of patch panels for use with the NM-16A/S:

• Smart Serial RS-232 DCE-DTE Patch Panel. This  patch panel accepts 16 Smart Serial connections from the NM-16A/S on one side,  and provides 16 DB-25 RS-232 female connectors on the other side. Each port is  individually configurable for DCE or DTE mode. This patch panel provides RS-232  cabling flexibility while taking just one rack unit.

• Configurable Patch Panel. This patch panel  supports V.35, and EIA-530 as well as RS-232. Each port is individually  configurable for interface type and DCE/DTE mode. This patch panel offers  maximum cabling flexibility in two rack units.

For more information on these patch panels,  please contact Components Express Inc.

Components Express, Inc.

10330 Argonne Woods Drive, Suite 100

Woodridge, IL 60517-4995

Phone: 630-257-0605 / 800.578.6695 (outside  Illinois)

Fax: 630-257-0603

_http://www.networkcable.com

Views
Helpful
Replies