Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Auto-update of IPS rules

Is there a way to let IPS automatically update with new rules delivered by Cisco or an other trusted source ?

3 REPLIES

Re: Auto-update of IPS rules

If you are using IPS MC you can setup auto download and application of update files on the sensors. Here's the link that describes the process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6498/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00806167eb.html#wp989412

HTH

Sundar

Sorry, I had better provided more information about the router and software I use: It is a Cisco 1712 with SDM 2.2 installed.

All I currently can do is to add new SDF files, but I guess that this is no auto-updating process running regularly.

Is there any add-on or something similar that works for my case ?

Here is a screenshot. I have added the attack-drop.sdf file as recommended by Cisco's website. Is there anything more I can do ? I guess this adds just default rules, but does not update them regularly.

And may I ask a follow-up question: Is there a way to let the router notify me by e-mail when an intrusion is detected/prevented ? I see the log file ("Monitor", "Logging"), but can't find a way to get notified.

Views
Helpful
Replies