cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Average Uptime Question

dhopper82
Level 1
Level 1

I am curious as to whether or not anybody has the average uptime expectancy and lifetime expectancy of the Cisco 1841 and 2811 routers respectively? I need it for a document I'm working on.

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go to the Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers Q & A link (www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd80169bd6.html) and look under Reliability and Environmental Factors. It won't give you the thousands of hours you hope to find but it'll give you some insight.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would also like to add, that for your study or document as to which is router is appropriate, I would like to know what specific application do you intend to use or achieve the routers for?

We are trying to order routers for our WAN. We would like to have the 2811 because of the expansion slot but if the price is too high we have the 1841 as a fallback. I know it doesn't have the expansion slot but it will get the job done.

Anybody have any idea where I could find this information on the 1841? I've looked at the data sheets and can't find anything.

Your Cisco AM, SE or Partner has the official MTBF figures. Cisco doesn't release them publicly.

Don't choose one router base on the price alone. Judging from what you are doing, you're probably doing a price comparison study and going down the road of price alone won't give you any benefits.

You are right to point out that the 2800 series router has more expansion network modules than the 1841. You also have to consider what network modules/Voice IC (VIC)/High-Speed WIC (HWIC) are compatible between the two.

Granted that finance will allow you to get 1841 but sometime in the future you suddenly find that you need to do, for example, VoIP or IP Fax, then you're stuffed with an 1841 who can't do either.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco