Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup interface

amansoi_5
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have confiured Leased line as primary with ISDN as back up. When leased line goes down , we are able to ping ISDN IP from router . But from PC we are not able to ping LAN of remote side.

When we do show ip router in router , it still shows next hop as leased line .

Both ends static router have been configured with ISDN AD as 50 & for leased line AD as 1.

My concern is that why next hop is pointing towards Leased line when ISDN is UP.

regds,

aman

3 Replies 3

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Are both lines (serial and ISDN) terminates in the same router in each site?

Can you post the config of the routers in each site?

Aman

I agree with Danilo that seeing the config would be helpful. This would show us how the interface is configured and how the routes are defined. It would also be helpful if you could post the output of show ip route (especially when the serial is down and the ISDN is active).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dear Aman,

configure backup interface command under serial interface...with backup delay...and specify static route for both serial interface and isdn interface with out giving administrative distance... so when leased line goes down it will automatically picks up isdn...

regards

rajesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: