Views
Helpful
Replies

BACKUP-LINK

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL!

I have 2 sites connected 2gather(6509 in each site); HO;OFFICE1.the primary link between HO & office1 its laser LINK 1gig;the second link (backup) it is wireless connection 5m;THE Routing protocol in the enterprise is EIGRP.i need to achieve load balance and redundancy when the primary link goes down (laser) the backup link(wireless) will takes over. I need the highs priority on the laser link. Also when the primary link become available. The traffic should be rerouted on the first one.

How can I achieve this implementation? Configuration on each side very much appreciated?PS Have a look to the topology that i;ve attached

10xs for ur help

Ali

5 Replies 5

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

SOORY HERE IS THE ATTACHMENT TO THE ABOVE SCENARIO

Hi Ali,

Thanks for wishing me for my new job.

Now as you are running EIGRP it will automatically select the laser link as your primary path because it is a high bandwidth link (taking into consideration that you have not changed the default bandwidth on the interfcaes)and the way EIGRP calculates the metric laser link will become the primary link compared to the wireles link.

I am sorry I don't have visio installed on my laptop so cannot open your attachment.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

HI ANKUR

10XS FOR UR REPLY!

GOOD LUCK THERE.I've ATTACHED IT AS IMAGE.how can implement and configure this issue

10XS

ALI

HI

Ali

As per ur diagram the EIGRP will select the laser link as primary i.e sucsessor and the wireless link as Feasiable sucsessor so if the primary links goes down it will automatically shift to the wireless link as it has the route through wireless in the topology table.

i think there are no any other configurations to be done.

Thanks

Mahmood

hi mahmoud

mahmoud 10xs for ur reply

10xs

Al

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card