cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Backup + Load Sharing

Dear All,

I am attaching a scanario, where my destination is A from B and C. It will work fine with eigrp since i am using defaut delay(20000) on all the interfaces and all are 512Kbps pipes. For reaching A , B and C will not take the interconnected path.(its fine for me)

Now i need a clarification if one of the link fails from C to A i want traffic should flow via C-->B also for reaching destination A.(means C-->B links should work as backup) i know that we can do it manually if i change the delay . But my query is , is it possible to do it automatically with eigrp.

Thanks..

Regards,

Jaison

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: Backup + Load Sharing

Hello Jaison,

looking at your setup, chances are that EIGRP already puts the redundant path into the topology table. Can you check the table (show ip eigrp topology) to see if the redundant path is installed as a feasible successor ?

Regards,

GP

Hi GP ,

Thanks for your reply. In topology table all the four links got installed for reaching destination A. You are right that router C has feasible successor as directly connected paths. (Its fine). But my problem is whenever one link fails from C --> A the other link is getting loaded in peak and i am getting the drops. So what i needs is if any one of the link fails from C --> A let the traffic be shared with the links from C--> B for reaching destination A.(right now i am doing this manually by changing the delay on interfaces). My question is , is it possible to do automatically ?

Thanks.

Jaison

Hi

I just wodering if you already tried "vairance", but I think this will work for you, decide proper value according to metric values of each route, if you dont know how to do, then just use 128, and could you let me know the result?

thanks

Hi,

Variance we will use when we wants to do the load balancing on unequel cost paths. Here i dont wants to share the traffic if all my links are up. I wanted to share the trafic only when one of my links fail to destination.

Thanks for your reply..

Jaison

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content