Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup WAN connection ezvpn problems

ivan.grancharov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have the following problem. I've got router 1811 wich is ezvpn client , and a 2811 wich is VPN concetrator. The 1811 primary WAN connection is leased line , backup connection is wireless. Ezvpn client is configured on the second connection interface with connect acl for interesting traffic. I also have configured Ip sla monitor with PBR for icmp echo , and RTR to monitor this WAN connection and back it up trough another if primary fails with floating routes.

Now i've got the problem with acl in the ezvpn client configuration , because it's matches in both direction incoming and outgoing traffic. I need only outgoing match for interesting traffic.

Any suggestions ? Also how acl works in this case , is it as normal acl but installed for in and out , and how i can control acl to take interestting traffic ony for outgoing traffic ?

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

I think, as you have mentioned, that since you have configured the ACL in both directions IN and OUT, so it is matching traffic in both directions. Applying the ACL only in OUT direction will solve the problem.

Following link may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_guide09186a008007cfa7.html#wp100722

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco