Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidht utilization monitoring with MRTG

sholeh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We have a connection from headquarter to remote office using 3 E1 lines....and using EIGRP as our routing protocol..and of course let load balancing.

The problem is when I show ip routing.. every ip destination traffic always goes through these three serial lines, but when I compare with MRTG bandwithd graphics.. the first and second lines have equal usages and the third is always lower and often only half used.

Why this happen ?

every serial interface no error, collision nor giants.

Many thanks,

Sholeh

3 Replies 3

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Do you have fast switching enabled on the interfaces which is enabled by default. Try chnaging it to per-packet using " no ip route cache " command under the serial interfaces.

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi Amit Singh,

Yes we have fast switching enabled, this time we are add no ip route-cache on every serial interfaces...I will inform you the result tomorrow.

best regards,

Sholeh

Hi Amit Singh,

The graphics displayed by MRTG seems more balanced than the previous....

Here is another question, if I would deploy multilink on these three lines by assigning virtual ip address while let EIGRP as the routing protocol, will there any bad effect or can they run with this combination ?

Best regards,

Sholeh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: