Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth Aggregation for outbound connections

All,

In the Cisco router world if I have 2 100Mbps circuits that are NOT bonded together on the ISP side like a multilink circuit is there a way to combine these 2 circuits into a single 200Mbps "virtual" circuit?  Something like how Mushroom Networks Truffle device works but if there is a way to get it done without having to purchase additional equipment I would prefer to do it that way.  This is primarily to increase bandwidth for  outbound web access.  I am thinking I will be limited by the fact that any established session will not be able to be manipulated in the fashion where packet 1 goes out connection A and packet 2 from the same session goes out Connection B but I thought I would throw this out there to see if there was a new development.

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.

3 REPLIES
Silver

You can create two default

You can create two default static routes with the same AD/metric. Router will load-balance across both. You don't have to do packet-based ECMP. It can be flow-based.

HTH.

Thanks!  It seems that packet

Thanks!  It seems that packet based ECMP will sometimes negatively impact voice traffic as it can cause packets to arrive out of order.  Will I have the same issue with Flow Based?

Silver

For voice, flow-based is

For voice, flow-based is better. 

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content