Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Cmd

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I have a Cisco 3845 and one of its Serial Ports is connected to the DR Site.I want to make sure that the link is really 2MBps or not. Is there a show command that would show this type of info?

Thanks

swami

4 Replies 4

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

On some serial interfaces you can use the show controller serial x command, to find out what the clock rate is for the line.

The clock rate is the actual BW of the link.

I havent seen it on all interfaces so you might not see it on yours, but give it a shot!

HTH

LR

you can run show controllers device attached

Ex:

show controllers serial0/1

should also tell if DTE/DCE

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

try to use show running-config interface serial command. this will show the configured bandwidth of your serial link. if nothing shows, you have to configure bandwidth <2000> (bw in kbps)interface configuration command

Hello John,

be aware that the bandwidth command you can configure under a serial interface is unrelated to the real link speed.

It can be used for:

routing protocols like OSPF and EIGRP to change the metric calculations for the link

in Modular QoS to provide the reference value for the bandwidth and priority percent commands in the police-maps

to change the link speed on the DCE side you use clock rate

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: