Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth Consumption Tool

Suresh Varghese
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have a 2851 router with 2Mbps point-to-point leased circuit on its serial interface and most of the time its congested.

Can anyone tell me if there is a tool for measuring the current consumption that is happening on the link other than netflow.

Was looking for something for a graph or chart displaying the current consumption rate.

Many thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I'm not sure that how deep you want to see. If you just want to see overall bandwidth usage, you can go for MRTG, PRTG tools to monitor your routes. If you want to see flows, it's a good idea to go for Netflow.

HTH,

Toshi

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

That is exactly what netflow does help you with.Graphs and charts.

Other ways of doing this could be to use SNMP to make graphs of the usage of the Interface.

If you just want to test then you can try out solarwinds orion, that gives the information.

And they have some nice free tools that might be able to help you. like the realtime bandwith monitor.

Another software you could use to do it is nagios. That is also "free" if your budget is tight.

Good luck

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card