Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth getting out of hand

Hello,

I am looking for some tips on managing my router. I have noticed lately our bandwidth useage has gone up and maxing our DSL line.

Cacti is monitoring just for traffic trending and I am in the middle of getting NetFlow going.

Our router sits on the edge with no internal way to access it (or at least so I think right now.)

My thought is to enable NetFlow and port forward it into our network and use ManageEngine to see whats going on.

I dont have any ACLs running on the router... Perhaps that can help knock of anyone trying to do anything...

We have two connections DSL and T1, I have them into a routing policy.

Please let me know your thoughts on our config. Our nating and firewall sit behind the 2811.

Config - http://pastebin.com/2Hery6CK

thank you!

Jeremy

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY
Bronze

Bandwidth getting out of hand

Hey Jeremy,

Netflow is the way to go to discover your traffic issues.

We evaluated 8 different Netflow Application over the last several months.

A much better Netflow application option is Fluke's Netflow Tracker. Plain, simple and stable (Win OS).

Fluke's Netflow Tracker has MUCH less extra stuff to wade through but provides the conversations pairs at so many different levels (IP, Application, AS, Destination Application, Source Application etc etc etc.

Contact 'em and they will provide you a 30 day free eval.

HTH

Frank

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content