In the scenario below, we have a 1Gig interface with interface bandwidth of1G with a
•max-reserved-bandwidth 100 configured
•A nested service-policy in use.
Nested service-policy details
•Parent policy shapes to 400Mbps.
•Child policy has a VOICE-class with strict priority percent 20 example below
class class-defaultshape average 4000000 60000 0
priority percent 20
bandwidth remaining percent 40
bandwidth remaining percent 30
bandwidth remaining percent 10
- Can you clarify my understanding on the behavior of this config -
1. The voice-class 20% is calculated off the parent policy – hence voice-class gets a max 20% of 400M =80M strict priority. Policed at 80M during congestions.
2. When there is no congestion on the link– that is say Voice-class, class3, class1, default-class have NO packets in it; can Class2 scavenge upto 400Mbps ??OR can Class2 go upto 320Mbps only (even though there is nothing in voice class)
3. During periods of high congestion, when all classes are congested to the full. Can you confirm when using “bandwidth remaining percent ” command, as per the config- if –
a.Class3 will get a guaranteed minimum 128Mbps (40% of 320Mbps)
b.Class2 will get a guaranteed minimum of57.6 Mbps (30% of remaining [400-80-128]) OR
c.Class2 will get a guaranteed minimum of 96 Mbps (30%of 320Mbps)
d.Class1 will get a guaranteed minimum of 13.44Mbps (10% of remaining [400-80-128-57.6]) OR
e.Class1 will get a guaranteed minimum of 32Mbps (10% of 320Mbps)
4. Where does the priority percent calculates against interface bandwidth In this case ?? should the calculations not be based on the parent policy map in this case ?
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...
I am going to design and build an LAN network under a tunnel underground with long distance between the switches.
I will have 2 Catalyst switches and 8 Industrial IE3000, and they will be connected with fiber.
For now I am planning on use Layer-2 s...