Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Basic access rule problem

I have a private network located on a corporate network using a Cisco 851 W.  I want to block all access to the coporate LAN from behind this firewall which will be used as an access point to provide internet access/  I have done this sucesfully with an ASA before but the router is proving more difficult.

I have this

192.168.1.0/24 --- 851W Router ---- 10.100.1.15 (Corporate LAN) --- 10.100.1.254 (Corporate Intenet GW)

On the ASA I was able to add false routes for each internal site, including the local site except the gateway.  This worked fine.

I have tried via routes and it not working for the local site, so I though I would do this via an access list.

So I added this on the BVI1 "in"

access-list 150 deny ip 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 host 10.100.1.1 -253

However, all traffic is then blocked, ie I can't telnet, ping 192.168.1.254 which is the local G/W.

Any help appreciated!

• WAN Routing and Switching
1 REPLY

Re: Basic access rule problem

Ah posting made me think...

I added a permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any after this as I can't allowed any traffic and default is deny unless specificed..

too much management type work these days..

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.