cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic config for a Cisco 877?

whiteford
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 877 ADSL, does anyone have a basic config I can work from to get the internet work from this Cisco 877 ADSL.

I have just added the an 837 config and change Ethernet0 to Vlan1 and it doesn't work

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are very welcome. Please do not forget to rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you pasted the config over default, atm0 can be still shutdown. This is one thing to look for. After no shut and you check atm0, does it comes up ?

Hi, I already had a no shutdown in there, the atm 0 goes up then down and keeps doing this. If I do debug ppp negotiate and and authenticate then I get all zeros. Am I silly to think an 837 config should work on an 877? The only difference I can see between the 2 is the 837 uses ethernet 0 and the 877 vlan 1. The 837 works fine on the same ADSL line.

You may need newer ADSL FW, either upgrade IOS to very latest T, or load the ADSL FW alone. For the latter access:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800

The FW you want is 3.0.10 or 3.0.33. Check the readme for installation instructions.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

If like to try the ios upgrade first, but there are so many, thing the current one is the advanced security, do you the latest version number for this?

What do you have now? Can you send output of show version and show dsl interface please.

The FW to IOS mapping is found at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_bulletin0900aecd801d5c4c.html

Router>

Router>

Router#sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, C870 Software (C870-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(4)T7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Wed 29-Nov-06 00:43 by kellythw

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)YI4, RELEASE SOFTWARE

Router uptime is 1 minute

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-4.T7.bin"

As indicate in the link above, you need either to upgrade to a minimum of 12.4(6)T, or use the separate ADSL firmware.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

I installed c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T1 and the router seems so much better. The version I was using had so many serious bugs. I will add the VPN stuff next and see how it goes.

Thanks

You are very welcome. Please do not forget to rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card