cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Battery for RTC on 3745 Router

aashihmin
Level 1
Level 1

How can I change battery? Did anyone have done this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It should be. But you still risk getting your warranty void just by lifting the lid of your appliance.

If you want to, you can replace the battery. I've never done so but it sure is wierd to see that you're CMOS battery has gone flat.

Normally these type of battery can "charge" themselves when you just plug them to a stable power source.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unless you want to void your warranty, you don't. Contact Cisco TAC and have the appliance RMA-ed.

When your CMOS battery for real time clock on your computer is dead, will you buy SmartNet for this? I think that change of the battery must be simple operation.

It should be. But you still risk getting your warranty void just by lifting the lid of your appliance.

If you want to, you can replace the battery. I've never done so but it sure is wierd to see that you're CMOS battery has gone flat.

Normally these type of battery can "charge" themselves when you just plug them to a stable power source.

leolaohoo is right, cisco router are designed to have no parts that ever need to be user replaced beside RAM and module.

For all the rest, that is what you have smartnet for.

Thanks for the rating.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card