cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BERT testing a DS3

fawad.alam
Level 1
Level 1

I have to BERT test a DS3 (it is not going live). This is on a CIsco 7200 platform. What configuration is required on the routers and what arrangements need to be made with the Carrier?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

When you BERT test the line (in your case a T-3) you need to open the line and place your testset onto it. My suggestion is to test it from the back of the router. This will test all your cabling out. Also if you do not have a test set then the carrier will ask you for a loopback.on the circuit. Try to give this loop as close to the router as possible. I believe the router can also provide the loop to the carrier. See if their are any test commands or any diagnostic commands associated with the T-3 interface or controller. The carrier will ask you about your in house cabling. My thoughts are that you should always test in house to prove yourself good beofore you start yelling at the carrier. See what you can do in house first...Good Luck...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card