Best fit multiservice WAN product for small elementary school
I'm looking to consolidate the WAN networking equipment for a school with approximately 400 students & staff and approximately 150 computers.
Currently they have a T1 connected to an aging Adtran, connected to a Cisco 2620, connected to a Cisco 506e which connects to their LAN.
Ideally I would like a single router/firewall to handle all of the following:
1. Basic firewalling
2. Routing with multiple public IPs
3. Easy management interface (web preferably)
4. Integrated T1 NIC/NAC
5. Load balancing between T1 and broadband connection (so T1 & Ethernet WAN ports w/load balancing)
6. Web content filtering with authentication and ACL support
7. VPN support
So basically a complete SMB Internet connectivity solution.
To put it another way, we do *not* need:
1. Fiber connectivity
2. Special Video/Voice support
3. Antivirus (although its ok if the content filtering includes it)
4. Special wireless security management features
And honestly the ease of management is perhaps the most important feature. The school has a staff member who's comfortable managing port forwarding, basic IP routing, etc. However he'd like a nice web interface to do it all.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3. 16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are looking for early feedback from custome...