Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Best refurbished router for a frac T3 and two Fast Ethernet

Hello,

I am looking for a solution for a router that can handle a fractional T3 (up to 6 Mb eventually) and two Fast Ethernet. There is a possibility for another ethernet port. These ports are not going to be up to 100 Mb, max of 10 really. I also would like it to support a current IOS. My vendor is saying a 7206VXR but the cost is too high. What other solutions are there for one integrated unit? (Not a separate T3 CSU)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best refurbished router for a frac T3 and two Fast Ethernet

Hi,

a 2800 series router should also be sufficient. The 2811 has two 10/100 FastEthernet ports and supports the NM-1T3/E3.

Regards, Martin

3 REPLIES

Hi,

a 2800 series router should also be sufficient. The 2811 has two 10/100 FastEthernet ports and supports the NM-1T3/E3.

Regards, Martin

Bronze

Two questions:

Will it be routing much traffic between the two Ethernets? If not, the you could use something as low-end as the 2611 (although I would strongly recommend a 2600XM or 3700 instead). If you can afford a 2800 or 3800 that would be even better.

Also, will it be running BGP and what type of routing table size? Full routes will take a lot of memory and CPU, and makes it difficult to use older hardware.

The router will have a fractional T3 (running at 3Mb), and the two ethernets will just be sharing that 3 Mb bandwidth. There will be occasional other traffic over one of the ethernet links, but this is a router just for ethernet access. I cannot use a 2611 as there is no T3 option. I need a T3 card built in, and not an external CSU.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies