Views
Helpful
Replies

BFD support on ISR 4000

SAC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I like to know which licenses are required to enable BFD on Cisco ISR 4331 using IOS-XE 3.16S0c. I belive it requires APPX license but feature navigator shows wrong informtion for ISR 4000.

Thanks for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Both are same AAP or A means Application and X means Experience.

Spooster IT Services Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hi Saqib Chughtai,

Yes you need APPX license. Feature navigator is not working as expected in case of Cisco 4000 ISR. Have a look at the following image.

Capture.PNG

Check the datasheet. Following is the link:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/datasheet-c78-732542.html

Thanks...........what is the difference between APPX and AX licenes.

Both are same AAP or A means Application and X means Experience.

Thanks........Is there any change in licensing from Cisco anticipated in near future?

This is good to know, I have been steered incorrectly more than once on feature navigator and the same on BFD support as it clearly says its on IP Base!

Does anyone know if Cisco are still developing feature navigator or not, it almost feels like its being left to rot with a major issue like this on a popular range of routers like the 4K's

Just a quick update - as of IOSXE 16.5.1 BFD is supported in IP Base.

Thanks,

Michal Stanczyk

Cisco TAC

Hello!

Seems like ApopX is a required license lever for BFD to work on ISR 4000 even in 17.x train. Just checked it on feature navigator.

One can enable an evaluation license for AppX and the BFD feature is confirmed working even after the EVAL period has expired. So this would be yet another way of fixing it.

HTH

Alexei.

what is the SKU of this license? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco