Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP Address Tracking Filter

Dimafo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All.

I have a strange behaviour with customer`s 6509 with sup720.

For the past some time customer has been receiving debug messeges with debug being turend off.

The messeages are BGP dubug messages:

2109678: Aug 15 15:11:38.149 gmt: BGP- ATF: EVENT 0.0.0.0/0 RIB update UP

2109679: Aug 15 15:11:38.149 gmt: BGP- ATF: EVENT 0.0.0.0/0 RIB update UP

2109680: Aug 15 15:11:38.149 gmt: BGP- ATF: EVENT 0.0.0.0/0 RIB update UP

2109681: Aug 15 15:11:38.149 gmt: BGP- ATF: EVENT 0.0.0.0/0 RIB update UP

2109682: Aug 15 15:11:38.149 gmt: BGP- ATF: EVENT 0.0.0.0/0 RIB update UP

*** Specific prefixes have been removed.

Debug is not turned on, and if you do terminal monitor you see these messages outherwise you can see them in the log.

*Logging buffered 7.

Version is:

s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXJ3.bin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dima,

This output should be turned off by default and would be turned on when you use "debug ip bgp rib". The issue is when you use "undebug all" it does not get turned off. The irony is that you will find the "show debugging" output to be empty but still the debug messages get printed on the device. The reason for this behaviour is a software defect. A Cisco BUG CSCek44336 has been opened and is in an assigned state with the Development Engineering team. It is yet to be fixed in the software.

As a temporary work around in order to fix the issue, you can use "undeb ip bgp rib" to turn off these messages.

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dimafo123
Level 1
Level 1

I have now checked this thing further and I can see that all these messages are related to Address Tracking Filter.

This BGP feature has been created to track next hop addresses by bgp RIB entrys.

So the question remains - should I see these log messages by default?    

Hi Dima,

Kindly get me the output of "show debugging" from the device for further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

We have checked "show debugging" and all debugging is currently turned off.

The question is should this output be turned on or off y default?    

Hi Dima,

This output should be turned off by default and would be turned on when you use "debug ip bgp rib". The issue is when you use "undebug all" it does not get turned off. The irony is that you will find the "show debugging" output to be empty but still the debug messages get printed on the device. The reason for this behaviour is a software defect. A Cisco BUG CSCek44336 has been opened and is in an assigned state with the Development Engineering team. It is yet to be fixed in the software.

As a temporary work around in order to fix the issue, you can use "undeb ip bgp rib" to turn off these messages.

***********Plz do rate this post if you found it helpful*************************

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh R P

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card