cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP and EIGRP

The_guroo_2
Level 2
Level 2

guys i have two question and if someone can please explain me......till now i thought that we only use next hop self command in ibgp......today i was doing something and i have seen this command for EBGP??? is it possible....as it was v strange???? can someone explain.....secondly in eigrp we use offset list...if we use it with 0 wht will happen......do we ahve to config access-list for every offset list??? i m bit confuse...thanks guys

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Khan,

there is an EIGRP interface command that allows to keep the original next hop in routes: it is used together with

int tunnel 100

no ip split-horizon eigrp as-number

no ip next-hop-self eigrp autonomous-system-number

typical usage is in DMVPN using EIGRP on the multipoint GRE virtual flat network on the hub(s) routers.

Without the no ip next-hop-self eigrp autonomous-system-number spoke routers see routes of other spokes with a next-hop = hub router address and this doesn't allow the setup of a dynamic spoke to spoke ipsec tunnel.

Disabling split-horizon is needed to make the hub router able to send updates out the same interface it has learned them.(distance vector aspect of EIGRP)

b) offset-list

if you provide an offset of 0 you are doing nothing.

An offset-list uses an acl to specify over what routes (if present) to apply its metric change action

the acl is a required parameter note the curly brackets { this means mandatory parameter

offset-list {access-list-number | access-list-name} {in | out} offset [interface-type interface-number]

[optional parameter] is to specify an interface

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/iproute/command/reference/irp_eig2.html#wp1012264

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card