Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP and OSPF redistribution issue

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

hi all

I am attaching the diagram.i am using BGP and OSPF in my 7613 router.In ospf i am using default-information originate.So becasue of thsi i am getting a default route in my 6513 switch.So my all lan traffic is forwading to 6513 and it is sending all the traffic to 7613.Now the issue is that if i want to go to my internet, i cannot access it.So suggest me the best solution for this.My internal network is 10.0.0.0.Please suggest me how to design the mutual redistribution at 7613.

thanks in advance

shivlu

7 Replies 7

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the traffic gets to the 7613 Router (source 10.0.0.0 network) does it get NAT'd before exiting to the internet ?

I don't think you need a mutual redistribution here. 7613 Router knows how to get to the 10.0.0.0 network and the internet, so routing is taking care of - now we need to verify NAT.

no dear , i am performing my nat at my enduarnt.

shivlu

alo one more point 7613 is not connected to my internet cloud.it is my mpls/vpn cloud.

shivlu

Ok, I see the problem. You have the 7613 Router which is servicing the MPLS at one end but you also have 2 routers providing the internet connection.

You need to configure the 7613 router not to generate a default route into the OSPF domain since this will conflict with the default route from the 2 internet routers.

You need to redistribute the networks you've learned from the BGP cloud (MPLS) into OSPF and viceversa.

under the BGP process, you can do the following:

redistribute ospf [process_id] metric 1

and under the OSPF process on the same router, you can type:

redistribute bgp [as_number] subnets

i donot want to redistribute my bgp in ospf.give me some other solution if u have.

shivlu

What's the default route on the 7613 ? If so, the 7613 can re-redirect packets to the desired internet devices while generating a default information originate into OSPF.

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

How is the 6513 learning the default route?

Can you show us the routing configs for the 2 devices?

Do you have a static route anywhere for the default gateway?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card