cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP AS-PATH?!!

jiangyixiao
Level 1
Level 1

hello everybody, is there solution when a bgp speaking router advertise route to ebgp peer, do not add local-as number,or add null as-number, in other means ,do not change the as-path attbribute to ebgp peer!

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jiangyi

I am not aware of a way to do what you are asking. And I do not understand why you would want to advertise a route to an EBGP peer without telling the EBGP peer what AS the route came from. They primary defense against routing loops in EBGP is to compare AS numbers and what you are suggesting would defeat this. Perhaps you can clarify what you are attempting to accomplish and we might find some way to accomplish it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I kown the as-paht is primary defense against routing loops. if there is demand flow:" don't change route attribute that form AS xxx , to advertise these routes to AS YYY"(xxx\YYY are different as)

so i think , the next-hop\as-path and other attribute don't change. is there solution? or may be i misconceive.

"nei xx.xx.xx.xx local-as no-prepend" this feature not prepend local as number ,but also prepend local routing bgp process number. i want to prepend null as number to ebgp peer. however anyway ,thanks bella!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card