Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

BGP Attributes

Hi All,

I did some lab on manipulating the BGP route selection using the various attributes. I observed a behavior that after changing the attributes and applying the route-maps to the neighbor, still the routes didnt get change in the RIB and the BGP table. Its only when I reset the BGP peer or bring the interface down, it gets reflected in the BGP and RIB tables. Is it the correct behaviour. My concerned is imagine if its a production network and bringing the peer relationship down might have very adverse effect on the whole routing domain.

-amit singh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BGP Attributes

it is correct - look up soft reset.

Paul.

3 REPLIES

it is correct - look up soft reset.

Paul.

Cisco Employee

Paul,

Thanks got the answer. That's why we have the in/out soft reset of the neighbors for the local policy engine calculation.

-amit singh

Sometimes it requires a soft reset of BGP peer despite configuring soft reconfiguration inbound/outbound.

In your case, the change in routing policy & change in attributes shall take 180sec to update the BGP peer RIBs n routing table. The impact wld be seen after that only

Views
Helpful
Replies