Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BGP failover via IP SLA tracking with default route

BGP failover.jpg

I've inherited this network (see diagram).

We have two Cisco 7604s connected to three ISPs. Router 1 has a 3GB connection to ISP#1 (eBGP neighbor AS#1). Router 2 has two 1GB connections to two ISPs; eBGP neighbors via AS#2 and AS#3 (see inserted topology diagram above). Router 1 and 2 are iBGP neighbors.

We receive the full route table from our ISPs. We currently have no default route on Router 1 and 2.

Local Pref is configured for ISP#1 to be the outbound preferred path (100) and the other two ISPs on Router 2 are set to 80. Default timers are in place which explains the 3 minute outage when ISP#1 dropped.

I've been reading everything I can find about IP SLA. I would like to tie IP SLA to BGP and create a default route advertised from Router 1 to Router 2 and from Router 1/2 (Which are the OSPF ASBRs) into OSPF.

With no experience and no lab to test in Im looking for some configuration examples that have been used successfully so I am not re-inventing the wheel.

If you have a link you can point me to our an old config that you can post it would be most appreciated!!!

Everyone's tags (5)
Views
Helpful
Replies