Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BGP Peer group

we are configuring BGP Peer group manually? and the router with bgp neighbor peergroupname neighborRID will be the lead for the peer group right! somewhere i read that peer group lead is the lowest IP address router? so in that case how BGP peer group router member and lead will be elected?

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: BGP Peer group

Hi,

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but BGP peer group RID's are not elected.

You configure BGP peer groups like this:

router bgp 100

neighbor external-peers peer-group

neighbor external-peers route-map set-metric out

neighbor external-peers filter-list 99 out

neighbor external-peers filter-list 101 in

neighbor 171.69.232.90 remote-as 200

neighbor 171.69.232.90 peer-group external-peers

neighbor 171.69.232.100 remote-as 300

neighbor 171.69.232.100 peer-group external-peers

neighbor 171.69.232.110 remote-as 400

neighbor 171.69.232.110 peer-group external-peers

neighbor 171.69.232.110 filter-list 400 in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0/np1/configuration/guide/1cbgp.html#wp5259

BR,

Bjornarsb

well i was having the same understanding as per your configuration but in BGP design and Implementation book I read some thing like peer group lead... peer group lead is fine router with the command neighbor peer-group command is lead but there they are talking about the router with the lowest ip address will become a peer group lead and at that point I was confused... infect i am confuse right now too...

As far as I am aware, the peer group does not have any effect outside this router. It is just a convenient way of configuring a set of neighbors all in the same way, and sending updates to them all at the same time. The neighbors themselves are not aware that they are part of a peer group.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Views
Helpful
Replies