Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

BGP Ques

2010-06-01_092636.jpgper topology and on the site#1 to site#2 migration strategy later in year. First, I want to integrate both Rx-PR into IBGP with site#2 under AS 30 so will have the same AS in 2 locations. There is a redundant WAN btwn the two sites. Currently, both ISP are sending default route to site#2 but I plan to do EBGP with them. My plan is that during cut night, I am getting rid of isp#2 but keeping isp#1 and will have isp#1 move the 2.2.2.0/24 over to site#2 or preferably can I have site#2 also advertise 2.2.2.0/24 with a lower/highter metric (ie Prepend AS) so during the cut, I don’t have to do much but just turn off site#1 internet routers.

• WAN Routing and Switching
2 REPLIES

Re: BGP Ques

Sorry, but what's the question here?

Bronze

Re: BGP Ques

sorry for not being clear....is this doable meaning:

1. Is it better to have one AS running IBGP btwn the 2 sites? or have the same AS at each site but each site do not running IBGP with each other

2. If #1 is yes, can I have 2 AS advertising the same route 2.2.2.0/24 with different metrics with site#1 the preferred. Basically I will prepend AS on site#2 and leave Site#1 alone.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.