Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BGP redistribute connected

Hello,

I am having an issue with a connect route being advertised to my bgp peers. I have a /30 that directly connects my core BGP router with my network distribution router.

If I add the "redistribute connected" command into BGP, the /30 route is added to the core router BGP table, and advertised to my bgp peers, however both bgp peers do not advertise anything less than a /24 to other ASN's, there for my /30 is not reachable. I tried adding the following "aggregate-address" command to advertise the full /24 prefix of the /30 connected route, but this does work either.

Does anyone know what I could be missing?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES

Re: BGP redistribute connected

Also,

Appears this issue is directly related to using a route-map, with the IP prefixes I want to advertise. If I remove the ip-prefix-list, and manually specify each network, everything works as expected.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Hello Jesse,

is that /30 part of your public address block ?

if it isn't your advertisement is not accepted whatever the prefix len is.

if it is your own address

try to use

network x.y.z.0 255.255.255.252

+

aggregate-address x.y.z.0 255.255.255.0

Edit:

I saw your second message you need to update the route-map and acls or other object invoked in the route-map to permit the aggregate.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Yes. That does work if I am not using a route-map for my advertisements to my upstream BGP peers. In my route-map, I reference a prefix-list of what to advertised. If I include the full /24 or not in the prefix-list the route is still not advertised.

Views
Helpful
Replies