Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BGP redistribution into OSPF

I am testing the idea of running BGP from 3rd partner extranet connections in an enterprise which will redistribute into an OSPF core. In my simplistic testing, I have an access router and a distribution router configured as a BGP confederation and the distribution router also shares an OSPF process and area 0 with the core router (a seperate BGP confederation). I have an external extranet partner in a seperate AS running an eBGP peering session with the access router which is injecting routes that appear all the way back in the core.

My problem is in how I implement redistribution into the IGP (OSPF) on the core router. Doing so creates a routing loop by re-advertising an OSPF E1 route (AD 110) for the extranet router source ranges back to the distribution router. As a result the distribution router thinks the best path is back through the core router as apposed to the iBGP learned route (AD 200). I'm a bit unsure as to the best method of addressing this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: BGP redistribution into OSPF

just fire in the default route mate if you can into your ospf process at the bgp external point.

Re: BGP redistribution into OSPF

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. Always the simplest of solutions !

Views
Helpful
Replies